1. The terms and conditions of this agreement between ChildFund Australia Ltd (ABN 79 002 885 761) (“ChildFund Australia”) and you govern your sponsorship and/or donation (“Contribution”) to ChildFund Australia. This agreement replaces any former agreement you may have entered with ChildFund Australia or Christian Children’s Fund of Australia Ltd (ABN 79 002 885 761).
2. ChildFund Australia agrees to debit your bank account or credit card account (whichever is relevant) on 15th of each month (“Debit Date”), or next working day for the amount of Contribution nominated by you, unless another date has been agreed with you If the payment fails, we will re-attempt to debit your account.
3. You agree that:
a) you will confirm with your financial institution that your nominated account can accept direct debits;
b) there will be sufficient funds in the nominated bank account or credit card account to cover the amount of the Contribution on the Debit Date;
c) you will advise ChildFund Australia if the nominated bank account or credit card account is transferred or closed.
4. ChildFund Australia reserves the right to change the terms on which you have entered this agreement by giving you 14 days written notice. Changes may include increasing the amount of the Contribution, altering the frequency of Contribution or altering the Debit Date. You will be bound by such changes unless you advise ChildFund Australia that you do not agree to them by written notice or you verbally advise Supporter Relations on 1800 023 600 between Monday to Friday 9am and 5pm EST.
5. You may make the following changes regarding your Contribution by written notice to ChildFund Australia or by verbally advising Supporter Relations on 1800 023 600 at least 10 working days prior to the next Debit Date:
a) change from monthly to quarterly, six-monthly or annual payments
b) defer a particular debit and arrange to catch it up at an agreed later date
c) cancel all debits and terminate this agreement with ChildFund Australia.
All communication to ChildFund Australia must include your ChildFund Australia Supporter Number (A00).
6. Where you believe that a debit to your bank account or credit card account (whichever is relevant) has been made without your authorisation (“Unauthorised Debit”) you agree to advise ChildFund Australia by written notice or verbally advise Supporter Relations on 1800 023 600 immediately upon becoming aware of the Unauthorised Debit.
7. In the event that you are not satisfied with ChildFund Australia’s handling of the Unauthorised Debit you should contact your financial institution who should respond to you within 30 days.
8. ChildFund Australia agrees to refund the amount of the Unauthorised Debit to you where we cannot show that you authorised the Debit.
9. You agree that ChildFund Australia has the right to terminate this agreement by written notice to you in its absolute discretion without giving any reasons.
10. By you entering into this agreement, we will obtain personal information about you, as that term is defined by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Personal Information”). By signing this agreement you agree that ChildFund Australia may collect your Personal Information to process your Contribution and you consent to ChildFund Australia transferring relevant parts of your Personal Information overseas to its suppliers and to its affiliated offices, to the extent reasonably required by ChildFund.
11. The governing law of this agreement shall be the law of New South Wales and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that state.