ChildFund Australia auctions off exclusive mentoring sessions with 10 of Australia’s leading executives
SYDNEY, Australia – 2 March, 2016: An impressive line-up of Australian business leaders are auctioning off one-hour mentoring sessions in ChildFund Australia’s inaugural MentorMe Auction, which kicks off today.
The MentorMe Auction will take place online with bidders competing to win a mentoring session with one of 10 high-profile Australian business leaders. Mentors herald from a range of different industries, and include advertising guru and media personality Todd Sampson, Carnival Australia CEO Ann Sherry AO (recently voted Australia’s most influential woman), LinkedIn ANZ & SE Asia Managing Director Cliff Rosenberg, magazine industry heavyweight Jackie Frank and more!
Proceeds raised through the MentorMe Auction will help create livelihood opportunities for young people and families in some of the Asia-Pacific’s poorest communities, while auction winners will have the chance to sit down with their chosen mentor for an hour of expert guidance and career advice.
“This is a rare opportunity to be mentored by some of Australia’s most respected and influential business leaders, while also having an impact on the lives of children living in extreme poverty,” said ChildFund Australia CEO Nigel Spence.
“All of the mentors have a story to tell and a wealth of advice to share, from start-up entrepreneurs to financial sector gurus to media moguls. By auctioning their time, they are not only helping young professionals here in Australia but supporting vital small business projects in our region.”
Cliff Rosenberg, Managing Director, ANZ and SE Asia of LinkedIn, said it was an easy decision to take part in the MentorMe Auction because investing in young people and helping others is so important.
“I strongly believe the onus is on all of us to shape a better future for generations to come,” he said. “I’m absolutely supportive of anything we can do to invest in and develop future talent.”
CEOs and business leaders participating include:
- Ann Sherry AO, Carnival Australia Executive Chairman
- Todd Sampson, Leo Burnett Non-Executive Chairman
- Cliff Rosenberg, LinkedIn ANZ and SE Asia Managing Director
- Michael Rose AM, Allens Consultant & Former Chief Executive Partner
- Roberto Mercade, Coca-Cola South Pacific Business Unit President
- Sue Ismiel, Sue Ismiel & Daughters Founder & Global Brand Ambassador
- Chris Gray, Your Empire CEO
- Jackie Frank, Pacific Magazines Group Publisher Fashion and Health
- Jason Burrows, Jungle Managing Director / Executive Producer
- Jenny Boddington, QBE Insurance Group Global Head of Bancassurance
Full biographies for all of the mentors can be found here: http://mentormeauction.org.au/
WHERE WILL THE FUNDS GO?
Proceeds from the MentorMe Auction will support ChildFund’s livelihood projects, including:
- Small business loans for women in Vietnam’s remote ethnic minority communities;
- Restoring livelihoods lost in the Nepal earthquakes;
- Agricultural resources and training for families in Sri Lanka; and
- Vocational and life skills training for street children and young people affected by HIV and AIDS in Myanmar.
Bidding opens 2 March 2016 at 10am (AEDT) and closes 16 March 2016 at 5pm (AEDT). Bid now for this once-in-a-lifetime chance to learn from the best – with funds raised helping to create life-changing opportunities for children and families in our region.
 Ann Sherry was the 2015 winner of the Australian Financial Review and Westpac 100 Women of Influence Awards
Media enquiries: Please call Michelle Pacey on (02) 9291 3384 or Jacqui Ooi on (02) 8281 3125