With a belly full of ugali (cornmeal porridge) and vegetables, Sam is ready to go to school. Now that his family has a stove, there’s no need for an open fire, which is dangerous and causes respiratory issues in children.
How this gift helps
Families in Ethiopia often live in times of severe drought and food insecurity. This means babies like Fentale (pictured) are born malnourished. Not only this but a lack of kitchen essentials means children may fall sick due to open fires and smoke inhalation. A stove provides a safe cooking environment for families and children as the flame is contained.
Stories of incredible Change
How to choose the perfect Christmas giftRead Story
5 Charity Gifts To Donate This ChristmasRead Story
How Donating a Goat Can Help a Village in ZambiaRead Story
Five ways a simple gift can make a differenceRead Story
Gift Giving and The Real Meaning of ChristmasRead Story
How hand pump wells save lives in rural communitiesRead Story