Include a gift in your Will to help ensure more children have the childhood they deserve.
3 Steps to a gift in your Will
Step 1. Decide what gift to leave
- A residual gift – This is the most effective option where you specify a portion of your estate (after specific gifts are distributed and your debts are paid) that you want set aside for ChildFund. This is a simple way to leave a gift that won’t interfere with any specific gifts to loved ones. It will also retain its value over time.
- A specific amount – Nothing will affect this amount, but the amount will also not grow over time, though you can always still update your Will in the future.
- A percentage – This is a percentage of your estate to be left to ChildFund.
Step 2. Make your Will
No matter the size, your gift in Will is a step closer to a world where all children and young people can say: “I am safe. I am educated. I contribute. I have a future”.
Step 3. Talk to your loved ones.
Choosing to include ChildFund Australia in your Will continues your legacy, as a partner to achieve outcomes for children.
- If your financial and personal situation is not complex, we recommend using our partner Gathered Here — Australia’s top online Wills platform. Here is your opportunity to write your Will for free (plus free updates for life). It takes less than 10 minutes to create your legacy.
- If you need more detailed estate planning support, we suggest contacting a local solicitor or public trustee so that your paperwork is in order. Here’s how simple it is! All you or your solicitor needs is our name and ABN: ChildFund Australia / ABN: 79 002 885 761. Or if you prefer, here is some useful language to use.