21 ways to change the world
If you had the power to change the world, would you? Well what if we told you that you do?
When we think about changing the world, we naturally want to do something really big and make a massive, but instant impact. While you may not be able to single-handedly end hunger in Africa, or provide all the children in Timor-Leste with malaria nets, there are small ways anyone can change the world every day.
To show you how with small steps we can all make a big impact, we’ve listed our top twenty-one ways that you can change the world, right now.
You can also print out our infographic to keep the list close at hand for your reference.
Change the world by being a better you
Change starts with us and how we ourselves behave in the world:
1. Smile at a stranger
2. Forgive and don’t hold grudges
3. Be yourself, unapologetically
4. Be willing to offer help
5. Practice gratitude for the good things in your life
6. Think before you speak
Change the world by helping others
When we are grounded, and sure of ourselves, we can help and support others:
7. Stand up for someone who is being treated unfairly
8. Call someone you know out of the blue
9. Celebrate other people’s success and achievements
10. Learn more about how and where your clothes are made
11. Rescue an animal from a shelter
Change the world by choosing and supporting a cause
We can help people we don’t know, but who need our support, in small and easy ways:
12. Start a corporate giving program at work
13. Donate to a relevant charity
14. Ask for a charity donation instead of gifts for Christmas
15. Be active about your cause on social media
Change the world by helping the environment
Taking small steps to respect our environment can have a big impact:
16. Put all your rubbish in the bin
17. Recycle papers and cans
18. Pick up trash you see in the streets
19. Print fewer documents to help the trees
20. Turn off unused power points to save electricity
21. Drink from a reusable coffee cup or drink bottle
Want to change the world?
It only takes a small act of kindness to change the world. By committing to any of the actions we have listed below, you can make an impact on someone’s life. If we all took such small steps together, it would be a large step for the entire human race towards a better world.
To make a difference and change a life right now, in less than a few minutes, donate to our current appeal, and help those most in need live fearlessly.
You can also take an exciting and rewarding leap into child sponsorship. Help a child grow up fearlessly, with a monthly donation to provide them with proper nutrition, safe water, access to education and healthcare. Why? Because every child needs a childhood.
3 Common Childhood Fears and PhobiasRead Story
How can we help reduce child poverty overseas?Read Story
Secret Santa ideas for sports fansRead Story
5 gift ideas for your child’s school teacherRead Story
5 tips for ethical gift giving this ChristmasRead Story
Five charity gifts to donate this christmasRead Story
How Donating a Goat Can Help a Village in ZambiaRead Story
5 Ways A Christmas Gift Can Make A DifferenceRead Story
Two Tales Toddlers: Isabel and ZinRead Story
Movies to teach us about our place in the worldRead Story