10 Valentine’s Day charity gifts for everyone
Whether you’re one half of a blossoming romance, or a steadfast single with a best friend to match, the pressure is on to get that perfect Valentine’s Day gift. It’s pretty serious business right?
For those Valentines looking for a more meaningful gift, look no further than our range of Gifts for Good, a great Valentine’s Day charity gift for everyone.
1. Donate a furry friend as a Valentine’s Day gift
Animals can make loving companions, but for families living in poverty they can offer so much more. They can help provide a family with nutritious food and provide a source of income.
Consider donating one of these furry friends as your charity gift this Valentine’s Day:
- Chickens: A dozen chickens provide nutritious eggs for children to eat and additional eggs can be sold at local markets..
- Goats: Goat milk can help children grow up strong, and goat manure can be used as a fertiliser for crops and gardens.
- Sheep: Wool can be used to weave textiles for the family, which in turn can be sold at markets. Sheep milk can be turned into cheese and yoghurt, which can help children grow up strong.
2. Give a child a bright future with an educational gift
Every child needs an education to learn about themselves and the world around them. Children around the world struggle to remain in school, because their parents can’t afford tuition or they’re forced to drop out to work and support the family.
You and your Valentine can give a child a bright future with these educational gifts:
- School supplies: Pens, pencils and notebooks are unaffordable for many parents in developing countries. Your generous gift will provide a child what they need for an entire school year.
- Scholarship for a student: Giving a scholarship as your Valentine’s Day gift will not only assist a student in need, but will help them develop the confidence to succeed, affecting a cycle of positive change for their community.
3. Charity gifts that keep a child safe and sound
The cold reality for many children overseas is life without comfort, and the threat of preventable diseases. Make your Valentine’s Day gift count with a donation that will keep children safe:
- Blankets: Some children sleep on a concrete slab or a hard dirt floor, but a blanket and pillow could keep a child warm and comfortable on a cold winter’s night.
- Mosquito nets: Mosquito bites are one of the most common ways malaria is transmitted in developing countries. A simple net can protect a child from mosquitos while they sleep.
4. Nutritious food for thought as your charity gift
Many children and their families around the world do not have a reliable source of food and clean water. You and your loved one can change lives this Valentine’s Day by donating one of these charity gifts to children and families in need:
- Food for two families for one month: Help families in need by donating a food pack as a meaningful Valentine’s Day gift. Your gift will provide nutritious beans, lentils, cooking oil and other supplies to make ends meet.
- Three Fruit trees and Vegetable Seeds: As a source of food, additional income and shade, these trees can help give families a fresh start. Seeds will grow into vegetable gardens that provide nutritious food for young children.
- Deepwater Borehole System: Access to clean drinking water can help protect children from preventable and life-threatening waterborne diseases. Donate this charity gift to fund a share in constructing a new deepwater borehole system in a community where we work.
Give a meaningful Valentine’s Day gift to your loved one
Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be all bling and glamour. Give a meaningful Valentine’s Day gift to your loved one, and show them how it only takes one person to change a life any day of the year.