What is ChildFund’s Big Ask?
ChildFund’s Big Ask is Australia’s biggest trivia challenge to educate children around the world!
ChildFund Australia is calling on all Australians to host a trivia event and raise money to help educate children living in some of the world’s poorest communities. ChildFund’s Big Ask is a great excuse to get together with friends, family and colleagues to have fun for a great cause.
Through ChildFund’s Big Ask you make a big difference to children living in the poorest parts of the world. The money you raise from your trivia event will support ChildFund’s education programs to help fight global child poverty.
Hosting a trivia event for ChildFund’s Big Ask is easy. You’ll get everything you need to make it a great success – from steps to planning your event to the all-important questions and your own web page to collect donations!
Why get involved?
- It’s easy to organise your event for friends, family or colleagues – use the toolkit as your event guide for a successful trivia event.
- ChildFund’s Big Ask is fun. You can add lots of games and make your event interactive and entertaining for everyone from the trivia novice to the trivia buff.
- While having fun, you’ll be raising funds to help educate children living in some of the poorest parts of the world.
You can tell everyone who attended your event exactly how the money was used, and see the tangible differences you’ve made together.
You can make a real difference!
Here’s how your fundraising can help improve education for children around the world:
- $8 can give a child in Vietnam a study set that includes all they need to go to school.
- $29 can give Cambodian children a reading kit to help them learn to read.
- $110 can provide a child in Laos with a new bike for a safer and quicker journey to school.
- $199 can pay for a scholarship to send an Ethiopian girl to school for a year.
What will I need to do?
First, choose a date and venue and then register your trivia event. Once you’ve registered, use your toolkit to plan all the details and start inviting everyone you know to your trivia fundraiser for ChildFund’s Big Ask.
What resources will ChildFund provide?
ChildFund’s Big Ask Toolkit contains everything you need to run your trivia event, including: fun games, invitations, flyers and social media images – Get your Trivia Toolkit.
When you register your event, you’ll automatically create an online fundraising page to collect donations for your event. Register you event.
After you register your event we’ll send you a list of questions to use – you can pick from a variety of topics and even add a few questions of your own. We also have a collection of child-friendly questions that are suited for kids as young as 10 years old.
Can I host a trivia event at work?
ChildFund’s Big Ask is perfect for a workplace event.
Can I host a trivia event at school?
You certainly can! ChildFund’s Big Ask is great for schools – we even have a selection of questions especially for children as young as 10 years.
If you have any questions, please call us on 1800 023 600.